Shortbread isn’t just for the holidays! This delicious treat can be enjoyed all year round, and with a few simple ingredients you can have the perfect snack in no time. But what food goes well with shortbread to make it even better? Read on to find out!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Shortbread?
Shortbread is a classic, delicious treat that pairs well with many foods. From creamy dips to tangy spreads, here are some of the most complementary food groups when it comes to enjoying shortbread:
- Dairy Products: Butter, cream cheese and sour cream all add a rich flavor and texture to any shortbread recipe.
- Fruits & Jams: Topping off your shortbread with seasonal fruits or jams adds an extra layer of sweetness. Try strawberries or raspberry jam for a tasty twist!
- Cheeses & Nuts: For a savory addition, cheeses like cheddar and blue pair nicely with walnuts or pecans sprinkled onto shortbread.
Examples of Food Pairings For Shortbread
- ? 1. Shortbread and Raspberry Jam 2. Shortbread and Custard 3. Shortbread with Chocolate Ganache 4. Shortbread with Honeycomb Ice Cream 5. Shortbread Cookies and Lemon Curd 6. White Chocolate Dipped Shortbreads with Orange Zest
What Wine Goes Well With Shortbread?Shortbread and wine – a heavenly combination. A glass of vino and a plate full of shortbread can be an absolute delight for the senses. But what type of wine goes best with this classic biscuit? Here are some recommendations to consider:
- Chardonnay – Its buttery texture makes it perfect for pairing with shortbread, as it will bring out the delicate sweetness in the cookie.
- Sauvignon Blanc – This dry white has notes of citrus which helps to cut through any richness from the shortbread.
- Riesling or Gewürztraminer – These off-dry whites have just enough sweetness to accentuate that delicious buttery flavour in your favourite homemade biscuits.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Shortbread?
When it comes to baking delicious shortbread, the right herbs and spices can make all the difference. Here are some of my favorite flavorful additions:
- Cinnamon: A classic warm spice that adds a subtle sweetness to your cookies.
- Cardamom: An aromatic and subtly spicy addition that lends delicate floral notes.
- Clove:An earthy, sweet flavor that is particularly lovely when combined with cinnamon.
For something more exotic, try adding freshly grated nutmeg or ginger for a hint of zing. If you’re looking for something truly unique, why not experiment by combining these spices in different proportions? You may be surprised at what delicious combinations you discover!
Should You Add More Shortbread To Your Diet?Shortbread is a delicious and simple treat that can be enjoyed in many different ways. It’s not only a great snack to have on hand, but it also offers some health benefits as well. Shortbread is high in fiber, low in fat and calories, and contains no cholesterol or trans fats. The combination of butter and sugar makes shortbread an indulgence you can feel good about eating. Additionally, shortbread provides several essential vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, selenium, copper and manganese – all of which are important for overall health. If you’re looking to increase your intake of healthy snacks while satisfying your sweet tooth at the same time then adding more shortbread to your diet may be the answer!
- High Fiber Content
- Low Fat & Calories
- No Cholesterol or Trans Fats
- Provides Essential Vitamins & Minerals
In addition to its nutritional value it’s also quick and easy to make so there’s no excuse not to try out this tasty treat! Whether you choose traditional recipes with buttery goodness or opt for healthier alternatives like vegan ingredients – either way you won’t regret adding more shortbread into your diet! READ MORE: What Goes Well With Oranges?