Corned beef has been a traditional staple of Irish and American culture for centuries. But what food goes well with corned beef? This article is here to provide you with the ultimate guide for making the perfect dish!
From classic sides like potatoes and cabbage, to creative dishes such as tacos or sandwiches, there are plenty of options when it comes to finding the right meal pairing for your corned beef. With this comprehensive guide, we’ll help you find the best way to enjoy your delicious corned beef creation!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Corned Beef?
Corned beef can be a delicious addition to any meal. But what other food groups pair best with this savory dish? Here are a few tasty suggestions:
- Vegetables: Roasted Brussels sprouts, steamed broccoli, and sautéed asparagus all make excellent sides for corned beef.
- Grains: A hearty helping of mashed potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes can round out your plate. And don’t forget about the classic Irish accompaniment – boiled cabbage!
- Bread: Nothing completes a traditional-style corned beef dinner like slices of freshly-baked rye bread. You could also opt for some crusty baguette.
Examples of Food Pairings For Corned Beef
- 1. Boiled Potatoes 2. Carrots 3. Cabbage 4. Onions 5. Pickles 6. Applesauce 7. Sauerkraut 8 .Horseradish Sauce 9 .Mustard 10 .Bay Leaves
What Wine Goes Well With Corned Beef?When it comes to the classic combination of corned beef and wine, it’s all about finding the right pairing. The key is to select a full-bodied red with enough tannins to stand up against the saltiness of this dish. A soft fruity Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot will do just that. For something more unique, try a Zinfandel for some added sweetness. For white wine drinkers out there, you can’t go wrong with a Riesling. Its acidity helps cut through heavy dishes like corned beef and its sweetness balances out any spiciness in the meal. Overall, when selecting your perfect bottle for corned beef, choose one with bold flavors that won’t be overpowered by the hearty entrée you’re serving! Read More: Why Eating Healthier Will Improve your Travel Experience
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Corned Beef?When cooking corned beef, a few herbs and spices can really bring out its delicious flavor.
- Rosemary: This fragrant herb pairs perfectly with the savory taste of corned beef.
- Garlic: A classic spice that will add depth to your dish.
- Mustard Powder: Mustard powder adds tangy flavor and helps make the corned beef even more flavorful.
- Paprika: Paprika is great for adding a smoky kick to your meal.
Should You Add More Corned Beef To Your Diet?
Corned beef is an incredibly versatile and flavorful ingredient that can be added to many dishes. This type of beef, which is usually made from brisket or round cuts, has been around since the 1800s and was popularized in Ireland during this time. It’s a great source of protein and also contains several other essential vitamins and minerals such as iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium and B-vitamins. Plus it’s low in fat! Adding more corned beef to your diet can help you get all these important nutrients without breaking the bank.
There are countless ways to add corned beef into your meals: You can enjoy it as part of a sandwich or wrap for lunch; use it in soups or stews; make tacos with it; stir-fry it with vegetables; top salads with thin slices; serve corned beef hash for breakfast…the possibilities are endless! Not only is adding this tasty ingredient quick and easy but its smoky flavor will bring out the best in any dish you create.
Benefits Of Adding More Corned Beef To Your Diet Include:
- A delicious way to get plenty of protein.
- High levels of essential vitamins & minerals. >
- Low fat content. >
- Versatility – there’s so much you can do with it! >
READ MORE: What Goes Well With Oranges?