Do you have ground beef in the fridge and need ideas for what to do with it?
Here’s a list of delicious recipes that pair perfectly with ground beef.
From tacos to chili, there are plenty of tasty dishes you can make using ground beef. But if you’re looking for something a little different, why not try these mouthwatering meals?
From stuffed peppers to sliders, they’ll be sure to delight your taste buds!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Ground Beef?
Ground beef is a versatile staple in many dishes across cultures and cuisines. To make the most out of this ingredient, here are some food groups that pair perfectly with ground beef:
- Carbs – Rice, potatoes, pasta and breads can all enhance the flavor of ground beef.
- Vegetables – A variety of vegetables like squash, carrots and greens work well with ground beef.
- Legumes – Beans such as black beans or chickpeas provide an extra boost of protein to complement the dish.
Examples of Food Pairings For Ground Beef
What Wine Goes Well With Ground Beef?
If you’re looking for the perfect wine to pair with a dish of ground beef, there are many options available.
A rich red such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah is always a great choice, as their bold flavors can stand up to the hearty texture and taste of meat. Alternatively, lighter wines like Pinot Noir or Beaujolais can be enjoyed with milder dishes made with ground beef.
For something more unique, try pairing an earthy Zinfandel with your favorite gourmet hamburger recipe! No matter what type of wine you choose, it’s sure to make your meal even more delicious and memorable.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Ground Beef?
Ground beef is a staple ingredient in many kitchens, due to its affordability and versatility. It can be used for anything from burgers to tacos, chili to meatloaf. To really make your dishes sing, there are some herbs and spices that work particularly well with ground beef.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder gives your ground beef recipes an extra punch of flavor.
- Onion Powder: Onion powder adds a subtle onion taste without the texture of chopped onions.
- Chili Powder: For Mexican-style dishes like tacos or enchiladas, chili powder will give them a smoky kick.
- Cumin: Cumin has an earthy flavor which pairs perfectly with the umami richness of ground beef.
- Paprika: Paprika is great for adding color as well as mild heat and sweetness.
Adding different combinations of these herbs and spices will help you create delicious meals made from ground beef!
Should You Add More Ground Beef To Your Diet?
When it comes to making healthy food choices, ground beef has been given a bad rap. However, when eaten in moderation and prepared properly – that is without added fats or salts – ground beef can be an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals. It’s also packed with protein and iron, which help build muscle mass while keeping your energy levels up. Ground beef is both versatile and affordable, so it’s easy to incorporate into many different dishes. Whether you like tacos, burgers or meatloaf – adding more ground beef to your diet could be the key to creating tasty meals that are good for you too.
Benefits Of Eating Ground Beef:
- High in proteins for building muscle mass
- Rich in vitamin B12 for improved cognitive function
- Excellent source of zinc for strong immune system
READ MORE: What Goes Well With Oranges?
So What Goes Well With Ground Beef?
Ground beef is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different ways. From tacos to casseroles, ground beef can fit into almost any meal and provide an extra boost of flavor.
Whether you’re looking for something new or just want to switch up the ingredients you already use when cooking with ground beef, there are plenty of great options available. You could try pairing it with vegetables like mushrooms or carrots, add some herbs and spices for an extra kick of flavor, or even create delicious desserts such as brownies!
No matter what your tastes might be, there’s sure to be something out there that goes perfectly with ground beef. So next time you go grocery shopping, why not pick up some ground beef and see what delicious dishes you can come up with?
READ MORE: 5 Delicious Foods To Serve With Frittata