Are you a fan of creamy, delicious avocado? If so, then this guide is for you!
With its rich flavor and versatility in the kitchen, avocado has become one of the world’s favorite ingredients. From adding it to tacos to making guacamole from scratch, there are tons of ways to enjoy this popular fruit. But what food goes well with avocado? Here we will explore some unbeatable flavor combinations that will take your cooking up a notch!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Avocado?Avocado is a delicious and versatile food that goes with many other ingredients. Here are some flavorful combinations to try:
- Grains – Avocado pairs nicely with whole grain toast, brown rice, quinoa, or couscous.
- Proteins – Tuna, salmon, shrimp and chicken make for tasty avocado dishes.
- Vegetables – Tomatoes, cucumber and bell peppers add crunchy texture and complementary flavors.
- Fruits – Berries such as blueberries or strawberries taste great when mixed into an avocado dish.
Examples of Food Pairings For Avocado1. Avocado and Tomato: The classic pairing of creamy avocado with juicy tomato is a great way to add flavor to salads, tacos, or sandwiches. 2. Avocado and Eggs: A delicious combination that’s perfect for breakfast burritos, omelets, or scrambled eggs. 3. Avocado and Cucumber: Add crunchy cucumber slices to the creamy texture of an avocado for a refreshing salad topping or side dish ingredient. 4. Avocado and Garlic: Roast garlic cloves in olive oil until they’re soft before mashing them into a rich paste – perfect for spreading on toast topped with ripe avocados! 5. Avocado and Lime Juice: Squeeze fresh lime juice over sliced avocados for an extra zing of citrus flavor that can be used as part of salsa recipes or just enjoyed as-is! 6. Avocado and Corn Salsa: Mix diced tomatoes, corn kernels, cilantro leaves, diced red onions with mashed avocado chunks for the ideal party dip accompaniment!
What Wine Goes Well With Avocado?Avocado is often thought of as a savory dish, but it can also be a great pairing for wine! When selecting the perfect bottle to serve with your avocado-based meal, consider the following:
- A light white such as Sauvignon Blanc or Chenin Blanc will pair well with creamy dishes like guacamole.
- For heartier meals featuring avocados like salads and fajitas, opt for a medium-bodied white such as Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay.
- If you’re looking to get bolder in flavor, try a full-bodied red such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.
No matter which type of wine you choose, you’ll find that it enhances the flavors of avocado. Enjoy this delicious combination at your next dinner party!
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Avocado?Avocado is a delicious, creamy fruit with a unique flavor that makes it ideal for pairing with herbs and spices. Its versatility allows for endless possibilities when it comes to seasoning your dish.
To bring out the best in avocado, try using some of these classic combinations:
- Cilantro: Add fresh cilantro leaves to guacamole or salsa for an extra zing.
- Garlic Powder: Sprinkle garlic powder over sliced avocados on toast or tacos.
- Chili flakes: For an added kick of heat, sprinkle chili flakes over your favorite avocado dishes.
Should You Add More Avocado To Your Diet?Adding more avocado to your diet is an excellent way to improve your health. Avocados are high in essential vitamins and minerals, including potassium, folate, vitamin E, and magnesium. They are also rich in healthy fats that can help reduce inflammation and support heart health. Avocados are also a good source of fiber which helps keep you feeling fuller for longer periods of time—helping with weight loss or management goals! Eating avocados regularly has been linked to reduced risk of certain diseases like cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Avocado is easy to include in your diet as it is versatile enough for both sweet and savory dishes alike! You can add them into salads, sandwiches, smoothies or even just enjoy them as a snack on their own. Additionally they make great toppings for tacos or burritos — adding creaminess without all the unhealthy saturated fat found in other toppings such as cheese or sour cream! With so many delicious ways to use avocados you’re sure never get bored of eating them!
So if you want to start living a healthier life today then why not consider incorporating some extra avocadoes into your meals? It could be the best decision you ever make for yourself!