Are you looking for a new way to enjoy rice cakes? If so, this article is perfect for you! Rice cakes are versatile and can be enjoyed in many different ways.
Here are five delicious ideas with food combinations that go perfectly with rice cakes. Let’s get started exploring these tasty options!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Rice Cakes?
Rice cakes are a light and crunchy snack, but what can you pair them with to make a meal?
To give your rice cake snacking an extra boost of flavor, try some accompaniments from these food groups:
- Fruits and Vegetables: Add freshness to your plate by topping the rice cake with sliced apples or tomatoes.
- Proteins: For a protein-packed treat, top the cake with shredded cheese or peanut butter.
- Grains: Get creative with grains like quinoa and oats. Sprinkle them on top for added texture.
Whichever combination you choose, it’s sure to be delicious!
Examples of Food Pairings For Rice Cakes
1. Peanut Butter and Banana – Spread some peanut butter onto a rice cake and top it with sliced banana for a sweet, nutty snack.
2. Cottage Cheese and Tomato – Top your rice cake with cottage cheese and fresh tomato slices for an easy protein-packed meal or snack.
3. Avocado Toast – Mash up avocado and spread it onto the top of your rice cake for a savory twist on toast!
4. Hummus Dip – Enjoy dipping your rice cakes into hummus to get in some healthy fats while satisfying hunger cravings at the same time!
5. Honey Walnut Cream Cheese – Spread cream cheese mixed with honey and chopped walnuts onto the surface of your rice cakes for a rich, flavorful treat!
What Wine Goes Well With Rice Cakes?
Searching for the perfect pairing to enjoy with a light snack? Rice cakes are a surprisingly versatile canvas, and can be accompanied by many different wines.
For those who prefer white wine, an oaky Chardonnay or buttery Viognier work great. If red is more your style, try something light like a Pinot Noir or Sangiovese.
But if you really want to treat yourself, go for a sparkling Moscato that will bring out all the sweetness in the rice cakes!
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Rice Cakes?
Rice cakes are a blank canvas just waiting for delicious flavor! To add some zest and pizzazz to your rice cakes, try adding herbs and spices like:
- Garlic: perfect for giving an umami kick to savory dishes.
- Smoked paprika: this adds a subtle smoky flavor.
- Cumin: great for infusing Mexican-style flavors into your meal.
- Turmeric: adds earthy notes that work well with the mild taste of rice cakes.
For something sweeter, you can’t beat a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg. Or why not get creative and mix things up by combining two or more seasonings? You could even finish off with a pinch of sea salt to really bring out all those aromatic flavors in your dish.
Should You Add More Rice Cakes To Your Diet?
Rice cakes are a diet staple for many people, especially those looking to reduce their calorie intake. Rich in fiber and carbohydrates, these crunchy snacks provide energy and flavor without the added calories of traditional chips or crackers. Rice cakes come in a variety of flavors such as chocolate-covered, plain, garlic-flavored, and even multigrain versions that include nuts or seeds. They can be eaten alone or topped with nut butter or hummus for an extra boost of nutrition. Plus, they’re easy to transport for on-the-go snacking!
Adding rice cakes to your regular dietary routine is a great way to get more vitamins and minerals into your meals while still keeping track of your caloric intake. Rice cakes are gluten free so they make a great alternative to wheat-based products like breads and pastas; plus they contain fewer carbs than most grains do which can help keep blood sugar levels stable throughout the day.
Additionally, rice cakes have no cholesterol which makes them ideal for anyone trying to lower their LDL (bad) cholesterol levels without sacrificing taste buds!
Including rice cake snacks in your daily diet is an easy way to add essential nutrients like B vitamins that contribute toward healthy energy production and brain function as well as magnesium which helps regulate blood pressure & aids muscle relaxation after exercise.
You can also incorporate other nutrient dense toppings onto the snack such as sliced fruit pieces or Greek yogurt if you’re looking for additional protein sources too!
So What Goes Well With Rice Cakes?
Rice cakes have come a long way from their cardboard-like beginnings.
Today’s airy, light snacks are the perfect accompaniment for an array of flavors, making them a great choice if you’re looking for something that pairs well with both sweet and savory options alike. From creamy nut butter to tangy salsa, enjoy your rice cake creations knowing you’ve picked something healthy and delicious at the same time!
With so many possibilities to explore with this simple snack, there’s no shortage of combinations to try out – get creative and make it your own!
READ MORE: What Food Goes Well With Monkfish?