If you’re looking for some delicious meal ideas, then look no further! Prawns are incredibly versatile and can be paired with a variety of different flavors. Here we have five fantastic combinations that you’ll love, so why not give them a try?
From classic Italian to Indian-inspired dishes, there’s something here for everyone. Each dish is packed full of flavor and sure to tantalize your taste buds – let’s take a closer look at what they offer!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Prawns?Pairing prawns with the right food groups can make for a delicious, balanced meal. Here are some ideas to get you started: • Fruits and Vegetables: A side of asparagus spears or roasted bell peppers pairs well with prawns. For a sweet twist, try serving them with tropical fruits like mangoes or pineapple. • Starches: Delicious carbs such as couscous, quinoa, mashed potatoes or creamy polenta bring out the flavor of prawns nicely. • Herbs and Spices: Add extra zest by marinating your prawns in fresh herbs like parsley and dill, then finish them off with a sprinkle of paprika or garlic powder before cooking. • Sauces and Dressings:
Dips such as tartar sauce or salsa verde add an inviting kick to any seafood dish – why not give it a go! READ MORE: What Are The Best Countries For Good Healthy Food?
Examples of Food Pairings For Prawns
- 1. Prawns and Mango Salsa – a sweet and spicy combination that is perfect for summer barbecues. 2. Prawns with Garlic Butter Sauce – a rich and creamy sauce to bring out the sweetness of the prawns. 3. Prawns with Lemongrass and Coconut Rice – an exotic pairing that brings together the flavors of Southeast Asia in one dish. 4. Prawn Fritters with Sweet Chili Aioli – get your crunch on with these delicious morsels served alongside zesty dip! 5. Grilled King Prawn Skewers With Avocado Salad – grilled king prawn skewers served atop a bed of fresh avocado salad make this a light, refreshing meal option!
What Wine Goes Well With Prawns?Enjoying a savory seafood dish like prawns with the perfect wine pairing can take your meal to the next level. When it comes to choosing which wine goes well with prawns, there are several options. Here are some delicious pairings:
- For garlic-butter coated prawns, opt for an oaky white chardonnay
- If you’re having spicy chili-coated shrimp, try a fruity rosé or pinot grigio
- A medium-bodied sauvignon blanc pairs wonderfully with tempura battered jumbo shrimp
- Grilled Asian-style prawns go nicely with a light and crisp riesling .
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Prawns?Prawns are an incredibly delicious seafood option, and there is no shortage of herbs and spices that can be used to enhance their flavour. Rosemary: This woody herb has a strong, savoury flavour that complements the sweetness of prawns very well. Use it sparingly as a garnish or sprinkle some over cooked prawns for extra flavour.
Garlic: Garlic works wonders with almost any seafood dish – it’s no wonder why! It adds depth to the taste of prawns without overpowering them. To really bring out its subtle flavours, crush fresh garlic cloves before adding them to your dish.
Ginger: Ginger is an excellent choice if you’re looking for something more exotic when cooking with prawns. Its spicy notes pair perfectly with sweet tasting seafood dishes such as stir-fries.
- Coriander This fragrant herb adds great aroma and zestiness to cooked prawn dishes while also lending a slight bitterness which helps balance out the sweetness from the seafood itself.
- Turmeric Although turmeric may not be everyone’s cup of tea due to its earthy taste, it can add vibrant colour and depth of flavour when used in moderation. Try using some in curries or grilled kebabs featuring shrimp!
- Lemon Juice & Zest A little bit goes a long way! The citrusy tang from lemon juice provides brightness to lighten up any heavy sauces or gravies you might use on your shrimp dishes.
Should You Add More Prawns To Your Diet?Adding more prawns to your diet is a great way to get more nutrients and minerals into your body. Prawns are an excellent source of protein, calcium, vitamins A, B12 and C and zinc. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammation in the body. As well as being high in nutritional value they are low in fat making them a healthy choice for those looking to maintain or lose weight. Prawns can be eaten raw or cooked with a variety of spices, herbs and sauces adding flavour without the need for any additional calories from butter or oil. Whether you choose boiled or grilled prawns there are many ways to incorporate this delicious seafood into your meal plan that won’t break the calorie bank! In addition to their nutritional benefits, prawns have been found to provide anti-inflammatory properties due to their richness in selenium which helps reduce oxidative stress on cells caused by free radicals. This makes them beneficial for people who suffer from chronic inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis or asthma as well as anyone wanting longevity through healthy eating habits.
So if you’re looking for something nutritious yet tasty why not add some extra prawns into your diet? You’ll soon reap all the amazing health benefits they bring! READ MORE: What Goes Well With Oranges?