Tantalize your taste buds with the sweet and zesty flavor of oranges!
Whether you want something to snack on or a dish to serve up for dinner, oranges are an excellent choice. But what foods actually go well with them? Here are 6 delicious combinations that will bring out the best in both ingredients – try one today!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Oranges?Oranges are a juicy and delicious citrus fruit that can be enjoyed in many different ways! They make for a wonderful snack, and they also pair well with other food groups.
- Grains: Enjoy oranges as part of a grain-based breakfast bowl or top your favourite cereal with freshly cut slices.
- Dairy: Use orange juice to sweeten homemade yogurt parfaits or add some diced oranges to cottage cheese for an extra burst of flavour.
- Proteins: Try adding fresh orange segments to grilled chicken salads or mix them into tuna fish sandwiches.
- Fruits & Vegetables: Brighten up your plate by mixing chopped oranges into slaws, salsas, stir-fries, and roasted vegetable dishes.
Examples of Food Pairings For Oranges1. Spinach, Feta and Orange Salad 2. Grilled Salmon with Roasted Oranges 3. Honey Glazed Carrots and Oranges 4. Orange-Ginger Glazed Chicken Breasts 5. Chocolate Orange Mousse Pie 6. Baked Apples Stuffed with Oranges and Walnuts
What Wine Goes Well With Oranges?If you’re looking for the perfect pair to your zesty oranges, a light and fruity white wine is the way to go. Whether it’s a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, these crisp wines are sure to please with their subtle citrus undertones and refreshing finish that will perfectly complement any sweet orange dish.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Oranges?
Oranges are a delicious, bright-tasting fruit that can be used in many sweet and savory dishes. When it comes to herbs and spices, there is no shortage of options for pairing with oranges. Here are some ideas for ways to bring out the flavor of oranges:
- Cinnamon: A pinch of cinnamon adds subtle sweetness and warmth to orange desserts.
- Vanilla Extract: This classic extract complements the citrusy taste of oranges beautifully.
- Ginger: Freshly grated ginger gives an intense spiciness that pairs perfectly with orange slices.
Adding fresh or dried herbs such as basil, thyme, mint or rosemary will also enhance the flavor of oranges in both sweet and savory dishes. Or why not try combining different types of herbs like coriander leaves with lemon balm? With a bit of creativity, you’ll discover all kinds of delicious combinations!
Should You Add More Oranges To Your Diet?
Adding oranges to your diet is a delicious and nutritious way to improve your overall health. Oranges are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help fight off disease and support healthy bodily functions. Not only do they provide important micronutrients, but they also have the potential to reduce inflammation in the body. Plus, their distinct sweet-tart flavor makes them an excellent addition to any meal or snack!
If you’re looking for ways to increase your intake of oranges, here’s what you need to know:
- Vitamin C. Oranges are one of the best sources of vitamin C out there – just one medium orange provides more than 100% of your daily recommended value. Vitamin C helps keep our immune systems strong and fights off free radicals that can damage cells.
- Fiber. Oranges are also rich in dietary fiber which helps promote satiety – making it easier for us to stay full longer between meals.
- Antioxidants. The flavonoids found in oranges have antioxidant properties that may help protect against certain diseases like cancer or heart disease. Additionally, these compounds may even boost cognitive performance!