Do you love lasagna but don’t know what to serve with it? Look no further, we have the perfect side dishes for your next lasagna dinner! From salads to breads and more, these sides will complete your meal and compliment the flavors of lasagna. Read on to find out all of our favorite pairings!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Lasagna?Lasagna is a classic Italian dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer, main course, or side. To make it into the perfect meal, consider adding complementary foods from each of these food groups:
- Fruits and Vegetables – Fresh tomatoes and leafy greens are great accompaniments to lasagna. Other options include roasted peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant and squash.
- Grains – Serve your lasagna with a side of freshly-cooked pasta or garlic bread for a complete Italian feast.
- Protein – If you want some added protein in your meal, why not pair your lasagna with grilled chicken breasts or sautéed shrimp?
- Dairy – A dollop of creamy ricotta cheese on top of the lasagna makes for an extra indulgent treat! With all these delicious options available to complete your lasagna experience, you have plenty of room to get creative in the kitchen! READ MORE: What Are The Best Countries For Good Healthy Food?
- 1. Garlic Bread 2. Caesar Salad 3. Roasted Broccoli 4. Steamed Asparagus 5. Parmesan Potatoes 6. Italian Sausage and Peppers 7. Sauteed Mushrooms 8. Baked Zucchini Sticks 9. Roasted Carrots with Thyme 10. Arugula Walnut Pesto
- Oregano: this classic Italian herb adds a bright, earthy flavor that complements all of the other ingredients in your dish.
- Thyme: with its strong yet delicate aroma, thyme works well as both an aromatic and flavoring agent in lasagna.
- Basil: basil is one of the most common herbs used in Italian cuisine; it provides a sweet and savory taste to any recipe.
- Easy To Make In Bulk Ahead Of Time And Freeze For Later Use
- Full Of Protein And Carbs To Keep You Feeling Full Longer
- Sauce Adds An Extra Boost Of Flavor
“Endless” Possibilities When Creating Unique Lasagnas With Different Types Of Cheeses & Meats (Vegetarian Options Available Too)
Examples of Food Pairings For Lasagna
What Wine Goes Well With Lasagna?Lasagna is a classic Italian favorite that can be accompanied by the perfect wines. Here are some delicious options for pairing with your lasagna dish:
• Medium-bodied reds, such as Chianti or Valpolicella, pair well with hearty lasagnas.
• For a lighter option, rosés and light whites such as Pinot Grigio provide an enjoyable contrast to creamy cheese-filled versions of this timeless meal.
• Sparkling wines also make great accompaniments to any type of lasagna, especially if it includes seafood or vegetables.
For those who prefer something sweeter, Lambrusco is an excellent choice for lasagnas that feature sweet sausage or ground beef. Its fruity notes will complement the sweetness in the sauce and balance out the savory flavors of the other ingredients.
No matter what type of wine you choose to enjoy with your lasagna dish, there’s sure to be one that perfectly complements its unique flavor profile! Read More: Why Eating Healthier Will Improve your Travel Experience
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Lasagna?For the perfect lasagna, you’ll need a few herbs and spices to bring out its flavors.
Should You Add More Lasagna To Your Diet?Lasagna is a delicious, versatile dish that can be enjoyed for lunch, dinner or even breakfast. It’s full of protein and carbohydrates to keep you feeling full longer, and the sauce adds an extra boost of flavor. Plus, it’s easy to make in bulk so you can whip up a big batch ahead of time and freeze it for later use. The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating unique lasagnas with different types of cheeses and meats – vegetarian options are plentiful as well! So if you’re looking for a tasty way to add more variety into your diet without too much hassle, look no further – lasagna should definitely be on your menu!
Whether you’re looking for something quick to put together during the week or want something special for the weekend dinner table – lasagna offers just the right amount of comfort food with plenty of health benefits too! READ MORE: What Goes Well With Oranges?