Are you looking to up your grilling game this summer?
Beer brats are a classic backyard cookout staple, and there’s nothing like the juicy flavor of beer-infused sausage. But if you’re feeling adventurous with your grilled fare, why not try some new pairings that will take your beer brats to the next level? From sides to sauces, here are all the perfect pairings you need to try!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Beer Brats?Beer brats are the perfect way to indulge in a savory, summer classic. But what food groups truly compliment this delicious dish? We’ve got you covered:
- For a side of crunch and tang, try serving your beer brats with pickles or sauerkraut.
- To add some freshness to the mix, whip up a creamy coleslaw salad.
- For an extra bit of flavor and texture, pair your beer brat with roasted potatoes or sweet potato fries.
No matter which accompaniments you choose for your beer brats, they’ll undoubtedly be an irresistible addition to any outdoor gathering! READ MORE: What Are The Best Countries For Good Healthy Food?
Examples of Food Pairings For Beer Brats
- 1. Sauerkraut – goes perfectly with the smoky taste of beer brats 2. Mustard – adds a tangy kick to the juicy texture of beer brats 3. Roasted Potatoes – creates an enjoyable combination of flavors and textures 4. Pickled Onions – brightens up the flavor profile of beer brats 5. Grilled Peppers & Onions– brings out the sweetness in the sausage while adding a savory bite 6. Rice Pilaf– provides a nice contrast to the richness of beer brats 7. Apple Sauce– adds sweetness and freshness that pairs well with this hearty dish 8. Pretzels – gives some crunchiness and salty notes that balance out your meal
What Wine Goes Well With Beer Brats?
Pairing The Perfect Wine with Your Beer BratsIf you’re looking for the perfect accompaniment to your delicious beer brats, look no further than a fine glass of wine. Whether you prefer red or white, there are plenty of options that will pair perfectly with these zesty sausages. Here are some great choices:
- Merlot: A bold Merlot is the ideal match for beer brats thanks to its fruity notes and full-bodied flavor.
- Rosé: Rosé has a light body and subtle sweetness that pairs wonderfully with spicy flavors like those found in beer brats.
- Riesling: This sweet white wine offsets the slight bitterness of the sausage’s toppings while adding its own pleasant taste.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Beer Brats?
When cooking beer brats, it’s important to use the right herbs and spices in order to create an unforgettable taste. To bring out the unique flavor of your bratwurst, try adding these ingredients:
- Thyme: This earthy herb will bring out a subtle sweetness in your beer brats.
- Coriander: A bit of this fragrant spice can add a hint of citrus that complements the rich flavor of bratwurst.
- Mustard Seed: Adding some mustard seed will give your meal just enough heat and zestiness.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder is sure to make any dish more flavorful – including beer brats! Use sparingly for just a hint or generously for added depth.