Are you looking for some new, delicious recipes that use ricotta cheese? Look no further! Here are 10 of the most scrumptious combinations to try.
From sweet treats to savory dishes, ricotta cheese can be used in a variety of ways. Its mild flavor makes it ideal for adding richness and creaminess to both sweet and savory recipes. So if you’re looking to add a unique twist on your meals or desserts, using ricotta is an easy way to elevate your dish!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Ricotta?
Ricotta cheese is an incredibly versatile ingredient that can be a part of many delicious dishes. Here are some food groups that pair perfectly with ricotta:
- Vegetables – Ricotta and roasted vegetables, like zucchini or eggplant, make a wonderful combination.
- Fruits – Try topping your toast or pancakes with ricotta and fresh berries for a brunch-worthy meal.
- Grains – Whole grain pasta tossed with creamy ricotta is a classic Italian dish.
- Nuts – Add pine nuts to give your homemade pizza extra crunch when topped with ricotta.
Finally, don’t forget about dairy products; try combining two cheeses by adding mozzarella to the mix for an even creamier flavor. With such variety of options available, you can create endless combinations using this beloved Italian cheese!
Examples of Food Pairings For Ricotta
What Wine Goes Well With Ricotta?
If you’re looking for the perfect pairing with ricotta, then a light and fruity white wine is the way to go. Think about a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc; these classic varieties have notes of citrus and tropical fruit that will perfectly complement creamy ricotta cheese.
Go slightly sweeter if you’d like with an unoaked Chardonnay, which will bring out even more of the flavor in your dish. Whatever you choose, it’s sure to be a delightful accompaniment!
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Ricotta?
Ricotta cheese is a delicious and creamy Italian staple that pairs wonderfully with herbs and spices. Here are some of the best flavor combinations to try out:
- Basil – Its fragrant aroma provides a fresh burst of flavor.
- Rosemary – Use sparingly as its intense taste can overpower other flavors.
- Thyme – A great option for adding subtle depth to your dish.
Garlic, chives, oregano, sage, parsley and dill are all excellent options too. Experiment with different ratios until you find what works best for you!
Should You Add More Ricotta To Your Diet?
When it comes to adding more ricotta cheese to your diet, there are several reasons why you should consider doing so. Not only is ricotta one of the most versatile cheeses available, but it also offers a variety of health benefits that can have positive long-term effects on your wellbeing. Here are some key advantages of including more ricotta in your diet:
- Rich Source Of Protein & Calcium. Ricotta cheese is an excellent source of both protein and calcium, making it an ideal food for those looking to increase their intake. As well as providing essential minerals like magnesium and phosphorus, this type of cheese has much lower fat content than other types.
- Easy To Digest. Ricotta is surprisingly easy to digest compared with many other forms of dairy products such as cream or butter. This makes it a great choice for those who have difficulty digesting heavy foods or suffer from lactose intolerance.
In addition, ricotta can be used in a wide range of dishes such as lasagna and cannelloni which means you don’t have to worry about getting bored with the same dish every time you want something different. The creamy texture also adds richness and depth to meals without overpowering them.
So What Goes Well With Ricotta?
Ricotta is an incredibly versatile cheese and it pairs wonderfully with a variety of flavors. From sweet treats like honey and figs to savory herbs and vegetables, you can enjoy ricotta in countless ways.
Whether you choose to cook with it or simply spread some on toast for a snack, this mild yet creamy cheese will always be the star of the show.
READ MORE: What Goes Well With Oranges?