Do you love calamari, but aren’t sure which foods pair best with it? Look no further! In this article, we’ll explore some delicious combinations for pairing your favorite fried squid.
From a light salad to hearty chowder, there’s something for everyone. Read on to discover the perfect accompaniment that will make your next meal extra special.
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Calamari?Calamari is an exciting dish that complements many other food groups. Here are some suggestions for what to serve with your calamari:
• A crisp, fresh salad
• Vegetables such as grilled peppers or sautéed spinach
• Grilled fish or seafood such as salmon or shrimp
• Mediterranean-style dishes featuring olives and feta cheese
• Rice pilafs and couscous salads
• Hearty soups like minestrone or chowder
No matter what you choose to pair with your calamari, it’s sure to be a delicious combination! READ MORE: What Are The Best Countries For Good Healthy Food?
Examples of Food Pairings For Calamari
- 1. Calamari with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli 2. Grilled Calamari with Fennel and Orange Salad 3. Fried Calamari served with Lemon-Garlic Mayonnaise 4. Spicy Chili-Garlic Calamari Skewers 5. Sauteed Garlic-Lemon Calamari over Egg Noodles 6. Roasted Rosemary & Garlic Calamari Wraps 7. Tomato, Olive & Basil Stuffed Grilled Calamari Rings 8. Seared Scallops and Crispy Fried Squids in White Wine Sauce
What Wine Goes Well With Calamari?What Wine Pairs Best With Calamari? When it comes to food and wine, calamari is a classic combination. The delicate flavor of the squid pairs perfectly with an acidic, crisp white wine that has enough body to stand up to the richness of the dish. Here are some popular options for pairing with calamari:
- Chardonnay – A dry variety of this popular white grape will cut through the oiliness of fried calamari.
- Sauvignon Blanc – This citrusy and herbaceous style works well with lightly cooked or grilled calamari.
- Pinot Grigio – A medium-bodied Pinot Grigio can offer a nice balance between sweet fruit flavors and minerality.
- Vermentino – An Italian favorite, Vermentino offers apple and pear aromas that make it a great match for fried dishes like seafood tempura or crunchy calimari rings.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Calamari?Calamari is a delicious seafood that can be enjoyed in many ways. To really make this dish shine, you’ll want to add some flavorful herbs and spices. Here are some of the best options:
- Oregano: A classic Mediterranean herb with a pungent, slightly bitter flavor.
- Red pepper flakes: These spicy flakes bring heat and brightness to your meal.
- Garlic powder: Garlic powder adds depth of flavor without being overwhelming.
- Thyme: Thyme has an earthy aroma and subtle woodsy taste.
- Paprika: Paprika brings smokiness and a hint of sweetness to the dish.
Should You Add More Calamari To Your Diet?
The answer to this question is a resounding yes. Calamari, also known as squid, is not only delicious but it’s incredibly nutritious. It offers essential vitamins and minerals like zinc, selenium, and copper. Additionally, calamari contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids which have been linked to numerous health benefits such as reducing inflammation and improving heart health. Furthermore, calamari is low in fat and calories making it an ideal choice for those looking to lose or maintain their weight.In terms of preparation methods there are endless possibilities! Here are a few ideas:
- Fried Calamari: A classic restaurant favorite that can easily be made at home.
- Grilled Calamari: Perfectly charred on the outside while still tender on the inside.
- Calamari Salad: Tossed with fresh greens and your favorite dressing.
- Stir Fried Calamari With Vegetables: Add some flavor with garlic oil or chili peppers.